It is hard to find somebody who is not interested in looking better. Certain facial and bodily characteristics are associated with beauty. Having these characteristics encourages a certain sense of confidence and enables a person to go through their daily life boldly. Many people, both professionals, and amateurs are working towards creating a better and healthy outlook by working on certain features in people.
Certain qualities still stand out to some people in terms of good looks. Facial aspects are certainly on the top of this list—one such aspect of a person’s face is their cheeks. The structure of the cheeks highly affects that of the overall face. Simply put, more well-shaped cheeks will, in turn, present a better face outlook. Hence, people look towards procedures for facial fat removal.
What is Buccal Fat?
It is the fat that is near the lower cheek. There are other groups of fats on your face, of which this is one. This fat is normal and healthy if it is present on your face in a moderate amount. However, some people experience excessive fat growth in their lower cheek. Such fat build-up results in a puffy look on your face. Such a look is generally considered unattractive. These people are sometimes suggested buccal cheek fat removal. This is done for removing fat from cheeks.
Facial Fat Removal
Fat removal for face is tricky and can be expensive at times. Many people working in the media or who otherwise have to present themselves find it necessary to get such surgeries. They do this for the purpose of removing fat from face. Hence, these surgeries are incredibly common in the US. These surgeries include buccal fat removal which is also sometimes called cheek fat pad removal surgery and cheek liposuction, among several others.
Read more: Mother’s Day Gifts Ideas 2021
Alternatives to Surgery
The negative effects of facial surgery are a concern for many looking to remove fat from cheeks. If you are one of them and want to try your best to remove it, you should look into alternatives to cheek reduction surgery. Some of these are listed below. However, be aware that these might not be effective in elevating your condition.
Home Remedies For Reducing Buccal Fat
Massaging: Massage is a good way to remove stored water oils and fats from your face. For this purpose, one of the suggestions is to use coconut oil as it is rich in elements good for your skin. Massaging is good because it helps in buccal fat reduction. Additionally, this practice helps remove excessive components in your face, hence making it look less puffy.
Face Mask: Numerous face masks are easily available in the market or can be made at home. They are yet another thing that you can try to help fight those chubby cheeks. However, beware of purchasing a mask; choose the one that is suitable for your skin. Suggestions could include a cucumber peel mask or a face mask rich in turmeric.
Read more: BELLY BUTTON PIERCING INFECTION
Buccal Fat Removal Surgery
There are many kinds of different plastic surgeries that affect your face. One such surgery targets your buccal fat. This surgery can be done standalone or in conjunction with other facial surgeries to elevate the fat from your face.
Many people try hard to save themselves from getting unnecessary surgery. However, surgery is suggested to somebody suffering from underlying conditions that cannot be treated otherwise.
Preparation For Surgery
This surgery, like other surgeries, requires you to prepare aptly for getting a smoother and safer surgery. However, do not worry if you are thinking about getting the surgery. These preparations will not be a huge burden. Some preparation tasks are as follows:
- A patient might be suggested by their doctor to stop taking alcohol a week or so before the surgery.
- Additionally, at the same time, the patient might also be instructed to stop smoking before the surgery.
- Doctors can suggest a general medical evaluation or some specific tests for a better understanding of the patient’s medical condition.
- You can be placed on certain medications to release stress or for other purposes. Additionally, the doctor has the right to prevent you from taking certain types of medications that you are taking.
Read more: Low Porosity Hair Care
Procedure of Surgery
The procedure has been developing for years, and modern equipment and methods have been introduced. There was a time when this surgery was not so common, and it was done as part of other surgeries of the face. This, however, has changed since, and this surgery is gaining popularity among the general population.
Due to the gain of popularity, the technical aspects of the surgery have increased, and so has the price (more on that later). A simple overview is as follows.
- You visit your doctor with complaints of fat in your mid-cheek area. Some people refer to it as puffy cheeks or baby cheeks.
- The doctor then examines your face and gives you an appointment for surgery.
- On the day of the appointment, the medical staff would lay you down and give you an anesthetic drug, which is generally done to knock you out.
- Once they make sure, you are under the effect of the drug. The doctor will make an incision on your cheek, allowing them access to the buccal fat pads.
- The doctor will then manually remove those pads and sew the cheek back up.
- You will be kept under supervision for a while and then discharged.
Immediate Side Effects and Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
Buccal fat removal surgery can cause swelling of the cheeks and scarring, which has to be dealt with accordingly. Additionally, due to the risk of infection, the doctor suggests an antibacterial mouthwash for the patient to use regularly.
Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
Some surgeries take longer to heal than normal, and that is why people avoid surgeries altogether. However, with buccal fat pad removal surgery, the good news is that you do not have to worry about recovery. Your cheeks will lose their puffiness in around two weeks. Additionally, the scarring is light, to begin with, and disappears on its own quickly.
Read more: NewChic Spring Collection 2021
Buccal Fat Removal Cost
Now comes a major question that how much is buccal fat removal. Many factors come into play when it comes to the buccal fat removal cost via surgery. Buccal fat removal costs can go all the way from $2000 to $6000, which is indeed a high cost, but it does fall in the numerous types of cosmetic surgery, so the cost does speak for itself.
Some key factors that influence the cost of the surgery on a fundamental level are as follows:
- The experience and the expertise of the surgeon.
- The financial demographics of the area or city.
- Anesthesia fees (this varies on the type of anesthesia to be used).
- The medical examination tests are to be carried to ensure the best results before the surgery.
- The costs associated with the hospital or clinic.
- Requirement of post-surgery prescription.
It does not include the costs of the room you choose to stay, as well as any other unrelated costs like transportation, food, etc. This should answer the question; how much does buccal fat removal cost.
However, since it is a part of many cosmetic surgeries, it does not get covered by health insurance. This is a bad news for those looking into buccal fat pad removal cost. Hence, to make it easy for the patient, many surgeons offer payment plans to recover the surgery cost in the long run.
Considering buccal fat removal price, many would consider such a surgery out of reach. However, the plans offered by the surgeons work towards making it easier for people to afford such endeavors.
Effects of Buccal Fat Removal
Buccal fat removal before and after for many is nothing less than a miracle. So when will I begin to see results, you ask? And what are those results going to be? Well, do not worry as this surgery being immensely popular. Much can be said confidently about its effects.
- Immediately as mentioned above, the patient will have puffiness and bruising of the cheeks. This would begin to subside after two weeks of the operation. The bruising could last longer, but the patient should see visible results within a month or two.
- If the bruising or puffiness remains, the doctor might suggest their patient’s treatment for it.
- Three to four months later the results of the surgery will be visible.
- The patient’s cheeks will be thinner, and they will have higher-looking cheekbones.
- Secondly, their cheeks would connect with their jawline in a better, more defined fashion giving their face a slimmer look.
- In the long term, some consequences have been noted.
For instance, people who had buccal fat pads removal surgery in their youth complain of a sickly, bonier look at old age. However, many surgeons are quick to shun this by stating it as a possible but unlikely consequence.
Whatever the way you look at it, this surgery is not ineffective whatsoever. It has lasting and prominent effects on a person’s face and hence their overall personality. For many people nobody can deny the positivity of buccal fat removal results.
In a nutshell, buccal fat removal surgery is performed on a person with a sound medical background is not hazardous. Most surgeons believe that if the surgery is performed correctly, it will not lead to underlying side effects in the long term. It is an increasingly popular surgery that has helped a lot of people feel better about themselves. In modern times, not only actors get such surgeries but also other people. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look better.
There are many before and after buccal fat surgery examples present on the internet and in magazines. Overall, the media has, for the most part, promoted such surgeries, calling them the new normal for our society. A piece of advice would be to choose a good surgeon who knows what he is doing. If a person feels like they want the surgery, they are encouraged to do so.